IPO's Will Soon Be Available via Motif
I've previously written about the great opportunity of IPO's and everything you need to know about IPO's.
There are now 2 online companies that make IPO allocations available to the general public:
I think that it's awesome that the general public now has opportunities to get IPO allocations. Motif.com is now making IPO's available through their platform for FREE. It appears that it will be very similar to Loyal3's platform. Motif may even have more IPO opportunities then Loyal3 as they are partnering with JP Morgan, which is one of the largest banks that brokers IPO allocations.
Who Cares?Well, getting in on IPO allocations can be a great way to get a big jump in your investment short term. Here is my past experience with IPO's:
- LendingClub (LC) - $3,750 investment increased by 70%+ on day 1
- Store (STOR) - $2,666 investment increased by 8%+ on day 1
- Blue Buffalo (BUFF) - $4,300+ investment increased by 30%+ on day 1
- GoDaddy (GDDY) - $7,800 investment increased by 30% on day1
- First Data (FDC) - $20,000 investment decreased by 0.12% on day 1
Note: The above are a combination of 2 Loyal3 accounts. Some of these stocks are now in the negative. There certainly is risk in any investment and you shouldn't invest any money that you would be willing to lose or that you need.
If you want to learn more about IPO's and my strategy for buying IPO's, read the article listed above.
Possible upcoming IPOs:
So What Do You Do Now?
- Sign up to Loyal3's IPO notification newsletter. Once you get a notification, reserve the max amount you can. You willl then have about a week to look into the investment further and decide if you want go through with it or not. If you do, then make sure the funds are available. If you do not want to invest, then don't fund your account or cancel your reservation. But, if you want to have the opportunity, you need to make a reservation as soon as you get the notification because allocations usually go fast.
- Motif - Same thing. First open up an account. Next sign up for their IPO email notification. Jump on the chance to reserve an IPO as soon as you get a notification. Research and decide if you want to go through with the reservation in the next few days. Bonus: Motif is actually pretty cool and right now you can get a $100 bonus when you open an account, fund it with a $1,000 and make a trade ($9.99) = Free $90 bucks! You have to use this link to get that bonus though. You could even make a trade and sell it right away if you did not want to keep the money in stocks.