|Where to get the cheapest contacts?|
About 15% of American's wear contact lenses. That's a fair amount of people and I'm one of them. Contacts can be expensive so of course I want to find the cheapest way to get them. Contacts are NOT covered by most insurance plans (glasses usually are). So where do I get my contacts?
I've found it's cheapest to purchase contacts online. There are several online company's that are note worthy, but I've found Lens.com to be the overall cheapest. Let's just compare a popular contact lens:
12 boxes of Acuvue Oasys (total price including shipping).
- Lens.com: $59.95/box of 12- FREE SHIPPING and no promo codes needed cause they just have the lowest prices without having the hassle of promo codes and coupons.
- OpticContacts: $62.95/box of 12- this includes $5 off promo code
- 1-800-Contacts: $67.95/box of 12
Note: It's better to buy in bulk (1-2 year supply) to save more money. It is always smarter to buy at least 12 boxes because you will get a better per/box price.
You might find a cheaper per/box price on the contact lenses, but AFTER you include additional fees and shipping, Lens.com is almost always cheaper.
Other ways to save and thoughts:
- If you buy a year supply, you can get a steep discount.
- As a side note, if you purchase Acuvue contacts you can get a $25-$70 rebate on top of the above prices by filling out a form HERE. This is only valid for in-store purchases.
- If you buy your contacts in a store then, Costco or BJ's are probably the best in-store options.
- If you have HSA (health savings account) or FSA (flex spending account) via your employer, you can use that money to buy contacts. If your employer offers an HSA health insurance plan, I think these plans are the best (that's a whole another discussion!)
You know of any cheaper way to get contacts?