Marriott Credit Card - Free Hotel stays + $75
Being in dental school and having a young family I don't travel that much, but when I do it's nice to find affordable places to stay...it's even nicer to have FREE places to stay. The Marriott credit card by Chase bank has been a great card for me and many other of my family members.
Here's what Marriott is offering right now:
- Free night at any category 1-4 Marriott hotel (Courtyard, Residence, TownePlace, ect.)
- 50,000 bonus points after you spend $1000 in 3 months.
- One night at most hotels will be 10,000 - 30,000 points, so 50,000 points will get you 2-4 nights depending on location and brand of hotel.
- Every year you will get another FREE hotel at any 1-5 category hotel.
- Annual fee is FREE the first year and $85 after that, but you get a free night every year so spending $85 for a 1 night stay at a Marriott is actually a really good deal.
- $75 credit to you statement after your FIRST purchase and this purchase can be anywhere. This benefit is usually not available with this card, so right now is an awesome time to get the card via the link below. This deal was not around when I got the card so I missed out on this.
My wife and I both got one so we have been able to go on a couple mini vacations for FREE. We went to San Diego and this weekend we are going to Los Angeles. We like the Residence Inn because they have a good breakfast and many also offer a free Dinner Mon-Thurs.
I actually ended up canceling my Marriott card because I didn't want to pay the $85 annual fee. I canceled it the day before my 1 year mark (cell phone calendar!) and I later saw that they already processed my free annual hotel stay, so I ended up getting an extra free night (your rewards account stays active even if you don't have the credit card).
This is definitely a credit card that I want to get again soon. Yes, you can get the same card again after canceling it. You usually just have to wait 6-12 months. They have already started emailing me asking to apply again.
Sign up >>>HERE<<<
Yes, there are other hotel rewards cards out there, but this is the only one that I've gotten so far and I don't like to write about things I haven't personally done. Tell us what hotel rewards card you have used and if you would recommend it or not.
WARNING: DON'T get this or any other credit card if you aren't going to be responsible with it! See previous post about Credit Cards.
If you LIKE what you've read, LIKE us on Facebook for more awesome deals!
Previous relevant posts:
Credit Card FAQ and FREE credit Reports
$400 NFL Card
$50 Discover Card
Reaching your spending limits